The Golden Age of Democracy
by Laura Doom
I have a question.
- You are advised to:
- W) consider running for public office if you are unable to distinguish between these interchangeable alternatives;
- T) disregard the opinions of those you elected to represent you before casting your vote;
- F) ascribe blame, in the event of either outcome, to those you elected to represent you;
- I) read all unpublished disclaimers after casting your vote;
- T) put on your best Instagram face, market yourself and make the world a better bigger, more profitable place.
- ?) #thepeopleVthepeople #spoileralert #brexitmeans?
Spoiler alert! Someone is thinking outside the box! Shred that paper.
Posted on 12/16/2018
Copyright © 2019 Laura Doom
|Member Comments on this Poem|
|Posted by Kristina Woodhill on 12/19/18 at 11:01 PM|
Really a clever format for how we make or don't make decisions right now. I pray we live through this time and regain our ability to reason and think for ourselves.
|Posted by Rob Littler on 12/22/18 at 08:38 AM|
i do like a happy ending, so
let us start with the former
as we ascend the ladder to then attend
to the latter and the jumping--
qualifying levels of disaster and the measure of the willingness to forget in favor of the hope in utopia, no matter the promise, it's .... blah blah blah .... maybe we all should go back to worshiping things ....