The Journal of Tony Whitaker|
The 2009 G-20 Summit
04/01/2009 03:52 p.m.
I despise this whole ideology of geo-political trading.
With the lives of the Russian people and the rest of the world at stake, I propose:
1. Dissolving NATO, or at least the US retire from this contingent to show Russia, China and the world we are NOT adversarial in any way. Our founding fathers warned us about forming alliances against our enemies. We need to take the high road and find common ground, biblically speaking, "...love thine enemies".
2. No BMD (Ballistic Missile Defense) systems in Europe anywhere. It is not needed. Our submarines and our Navy (we have already proven we can shoot a satellite in orbit) can do what is necessary in the need for retaliation. BMDs are not defensive, as their name implies, these are purely offensive weapons. If Poland or anyone wants to protect their countries then Russia should be willing to allow ABM (Anti-Ballistic Missile) installations, by definition, defensive missile systems.
3. ABM technology should be shared among all nations that sign into a non-proliferation treaty dissolving most of the current warheads in the offensive grid
4. Assassinate or somehow neutralize Vladimir Putin. As long as he and his thugs (i.e., like Hitler and his merry band of thugs) are in true control of Russia (President Medvedev is merely a puppet and the most underwhelming presence of a Russian Leader since the time of the Czars, then we are all in danger as Russia tries to return to its former place (quoting the late great President Ronald Reagan) in the "Axis of Evil". Don't believe me? Just spend some quality time reading this laundry list of offenses this "leader", in my humble opinion, has committed against humanity (and these are all confirmed atrocities): http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/01/29/070129fa_fact_specter?currentPage=2
5. Show the world our plans for Afghanistan and our exit strategy. To quote Colin Powell, “War should be the politics of last resort. And when we go to war, we should have a purpose that our people understand and support."
6. I will stop here, but if If Obama wants to be a great President, then shut up the rhetoric and let's see some action and REAL change. The country, and the world, is in your hands!
I am currently Bemused
I am listening to Silence
Return to the Library of Tony Whitaker